A VJ with a difference – Anu

I have not seen very much of her on TV, even though she has lasted well over three years on V -we don’t have Channel V here, but I have read some articles about her and I have seen a few videos of hers uploaded by some very sensible people onto Youtube – or else I would zimbli wud not haave eyard of lolakutti…

Until then the best spoof on Malayalees is the classic Mallu guy in the Gits ad – when I was in forin – I yate uthappam – zimpli mayde itu with gitzu…

But Lola Kutty, this ex Stella Mary’s student, later a teacher at Calicut & stage actress, took on the Mallu world & now ensures that you have access to a full collection of understandable ‘Mallu jokes for non Mallu’s. Maan, this girl Anuradha menon aka Lola kutty is one specimen whom I would like to meet & say yello, you are doing a great joob …Lola mentions that she was living at P.T. Usha street in Calicut and was spotted by some V guys who came for a shooting. "I always wanted to become a runner like P.T. Usha, but my grandmother said that I would become tanned so I decided not to’.


Most Mallu’s get angry when a joke is made on them or on Kerala. Some go outright ballistic …Personally I feel Mallu’s are too serious and it does take a Lola to bring us all down to earth at times.. About the "home" audience that now watches her along with the rest of the country, she says, "I know some Malayalis who want to lynch me, but what I like is that at least now, people know there is a language called Malayalam, and that all south Indians are not Madrasis”.

Man, Look at this girl- in a recent webchat, she comes up with yet another great one liner

guest51: Have you got a proposal after being Lola Kutty?
lola: Yes actually, from someone called Krishnan Kutty. But I declined.

In an interview - You know I thought I was doing a good deed, and I said to Milind Soman, ‘Milind, it is high time you get married and settle down’. I said I will take it upon myself. I will pressurise myself and I will get you a good girl. I showed him so many photos, of all my nieces and cousins. I showed him Blossom, Baby Kutty, Glossy Kutty, Bifocal Kutty, so many I am showing him. He was not interested in them all…

C
hannel V insists that they won’t give her a makeover like Jassi - Recounting a recent incident, Lola says, "I was at a designer store recently and they told me that if I was planning to have a makeover, they would sponsor me! But there are no chances of a makeover a la Jassi.’’

And I loved her comment about the omnipresent howler Himesh Reshmaniya - “The position of his mike really bothers me. It’s like he’s sticking something up his nose. I tell you, that polyps condition he has is self-inflicted”.

If Lola's dream sounds weird ("I want to be an item girl at least once") then listen to what she'll do when she becomes famous: "Someone should give me a free dinner at a hotel, that would mean I am famous." Don't be too serious about this take though. Lola's like that only!”

Matunga is to a Malayali what a Camel is to a Sheikh, she writes in an article penned by her.


While Lola gets her share of the spotlight, her assistant Shiny Alex is another one to look out for. Could there be more news? Would Lola marry Alex? She exclaims, “Oh no! Alex is already married to a girl called Glory Princess Helga. We are not seeing each other. My taste is much better than that. In fact, I gave him that job.”

Her future - "Next I will be working from the roads. The channel people say they haeve no money to record me in a studio. The show will be titled Lolling with Lola where I will be interviewing celebrities on the road only," she says.

Oh, Lola you are zimbli great fun….BTW Lola Kutty ring tones are coming soon…and, in real life she speaks with a clipped Brit accent, having acquired it while doing a course out in UK.

Her word of advice – “Always remember that fish in the curry is worth 2 in the sea!”

For those who don’t mind a few puns on Mallus – check this out.
Her popular clips
Lola’s Philosophy about experience-









The classic bonieyum or Boney Menon from the Kerala Choir – "When Channel V wos toking about a Boney Yum mix, I asked them if I could be involved in yany kupaacity. I am thankfull to Channel V for giving me a chence to show my true lau to my favouraid pope ardist." Anuradha Menon aka Lola, further recalled her childhood days when her 'Ungle from Dubai' bought her a Boney M cassette and how she used to "listen to Rivers of Baeabylawn."




Share:

10 comments:

humbl devil said...

RoFl...
i am linking this post up...sir maddy...

still cant stop laughing...hehe

humbl devil said...

that is, if you don't mind...

Reshmi said...

At last, you have wrote abt a person whom I know ;)..

Maddy 4 Information Sharing:)

Payal said...

wow ..
do you like lola kutty ?
I had a chance to see her on stage .. she looked completely awkard..
dont mind :)

Maddy said...

hey humble devil - why do u call me sir and all? what no? as lola says..no problem go ahead..
reshmi - no problema..will find more contemporary subjects to write on...
payal- not that i like her or anything, ...she is a character, of course and mallus are too serious, so i feel ok with what she has set out to do..

humbl devil said...

i call you sir out of sheer respect...hehe
both in age and reason...
and my post is up...

diyadear said...

OMG Maddy.. its hilarious!! ii zimbly laav lolakutty..
seriously watched every possible episode on V.. n hey after lola the Fm radio in bangalore came up with appukuttan ungle too ;) but lola is the best n she zimbly rocks!!!!

Maddy said...

aha - there is an appukuttan ungle? where there is a kutti there is a kuttan..not lolas one liner, this is mine..

Nanditha Prabhu said...

couldn`t stop laughinh!......

Anonymous said...

hey man, i really wanna see any of her vids in like real life. i havent seen it yet & she said dat she has a chat show!? wuz she talkin bout da kutty one, cos dat seems to b off air right now... newayz, lolla wuz really irritatin to me later. i hope we can see da real deal more often on tv... mayb interviewed by lolla herself? :P